Sunday, March 10, 2013

I have returned and finished the wetroom.

I am back from China, well actually I got back last Saturday but am still kind of messed up on the jetlag side of things. Last Sunday I expanded the coop because clyde#2 was getting her head torn up by the Americana chickens. We decided to split them up until she is fully grown and can handle herself. Coop expansion was fairly easy, 3 4x4s anchored to 8" foundation blocks and then a connect the dots of 2x4s. The door was the most hassle, I used some left over plywood from the wetroom, but it was 3/4" so it is very heavy.

Speaking of the wetroom it is done. Well done except for the toilet which in Belle's eyes means the whole thing is still unusable. I am waiting on parts from http://www.antiqueplumber.com/servlet/the-TOILET-PARTS-and-ACCESSORIES/Categories. Even now the toilet can be used, its just that the intake valve wont shut off for some reason (the float works fine, but im getting another one anyway) and the toilet leaks a couple drops (fresh water, coming from the downpipe) when flushing. The shower is great, I use it every morning and think the setup is awesome. Water rarely gets outside of the shower area and when it does its only a couple drops. The most wet the sink area gets is when I move to the sink after a shower and drip everywhere.

So what was added? Prior to me leaving for China, PaGyver and I cut some of the extra slate slab into a threshold for the door. It was a lot of work but came out awesome. It bevels up to about 1/2" above the wetroom floor and is flush with the bedroom wood floor. I have grouted it in and was able to flood the entire wetroom just fine. Today Belle and I did a lot of the finish work. We put wood frames around the door and window, as well as trim around the ceiling to hide the caulk seal. It really lives up to the epic standards we have been setting with these rooms. Wonder how long until its all over pinterest/huffpost/etc... like the penny floor.

My favorites from the wetroom:
The sink looks awesome. The sink came from http://www.texastuscanfurniture.com/ (they sell on Ebay) and I am thrilled with the one we got (it was cheaper than comparable ones we looked at too). I really love the scissor arm mirror that Belle restored too, the mirror and the toilet are the 2 pieces from the old bathroom we could not give up. I think they really complete the room.

The slate shelf in the shower. This chunk broke off the big slab we held the sink on and when I realized I could cut it and make a shelf it was a new step for the design. I quickly started making more shelves and replacing the rocks with them for more utility. The first one remains my favorite; while showering water will flow behind it like a waterfall effect. The jagged bottom looks great and there is plenty of room for shampoo, soap, razors and anything else that needed a home.

Next up on the project list is the bedroom. We have some pretty good ideas, but as I have mentioned before the level we have to hold ourselves to is continually rising.

Edit: How the dining room table looks now that I am back. Got some sandpaper, paint brushes, grout sealer, and a box'o'stuff already taking up space, sorry Belle!



Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home