Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Book Review: Sink Reflections



Found this gem in Mom's bookshelf and ended up checking it out of the library.  Not sure if I go in for the religious bits-- "God breezes" and whatnot, also there's far too many cleverly turned acronyms (Sidetracked Household Executives, Finally Loving Yourself, Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome, etc.)  but there are some good tips in the mix.

  1. Clean your sink.  yes  things are Under Control when the sink is not a gross 3rd rail no one wants to go near.
  2. 27 fling boogie.  It is very hard for me to find 27 flingable things at this juncture because I feel like I've pretty brutally audited my material possessions...  She's right that you can't really organize clutter, you've got to eliminate it.  After much gnashing of teeth, I found 27 things between my closet and my sock drawer that I could part with and not be concerned.  The evolution of this into remove one thing for every thing that you buy/add to your environment is also pretty intriguing.  I'm pretty sure there is nothing I'm willing to eliminate to make space for this "gift" to MacGyver of a squatty potty, for example.
  3. 15 minute cleaning sessions.  These fly by... no pun intended.  I'm not entirely convinced that these work as a stand alone house cleaning routine-- washing the outside of a window would probably take a full 15 minutes to stage-- but definitely more than sufficient to undo the disorder wrought by general activities of daily living.  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home