Thursday, October 31, 2013

Restor-A-Finish

Last night, after I had sunk into a semi-comatose state after a 10 mile bike ride, MacGyver frantically searched the house for the source of the strange smell--  like spilled acetone.

I had used the remaining 5 minutes of discretionary time in my 15 minute cleaning session to take some Restor-A-Finish to his childhood dining room table.  Sure, in a perfect world, I might have coordinated with Ma-Gyver to first locate the rogue table leaf.  There might have been some sanding preamble.  There might have been some wax pen prefill.  I might have used a darker color that more consistently matched the current finish.  I might have applied it as per the directions with 00 steel wool or a rag instead of just pouring it on and rubbing it in/off.  I *might* have remembered to snap a "before" and "after" picture instead of coping a representative one from centsationalgirl.com...  But in the grand scheme of things, I think it was a pretty good 5 minute upgrade, if fragrant.  Rework aside, all we need now is chairs.  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home