Saturday, December 31, 2011

Kai's Victorian Door

I am catching up on blog posts. Belle and I have had this week off of work so quite a bit has gone down here @ Halladay.

Kai likes to use the bathroom very (by MacGyver standards) early in the morning. When she starts running around the house in the AM someone better open a door or there may be a crouton on the carpet. It was time for me to put in her very own door. The designs of dog doors kind of suck. Most all are ugly white plastic and essentially hideous. We planned to mask the hideous white plastic with some real wood trim to match the style. What I did not account for was the thin center of the door is too thin for the trim boards to cover the plastic. Instead I just butted it up against the plastic and bottom of the door. It also hides the shims I had to put in to make the dog door stable/tight to the top side.

These things are pretty easy to install. I drilled 1/2" holes on each of the corners then just jigsawed the opening. The wood trim got sliced on the new chopsaw and nailed in place with a finish nailgun.

Pic:

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home