Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What a crock of... part 1

Inspired by brother Epic's crockpot chili routine, I ordered my own pot as a belated birthday present.

The Greek Couscous I attempted last night was not expressly for a slow cooker.  Yet the garbanzo beans I had soaked overnight tasted raw and I had already started to disassemble ye olde stove to investigate the mysterious burning smell.  Returning to my project this morning, the perimeter couscous and beans had gotten crunchy/chewy with a creamy oatmeal-like center.  I salvaged what I could and added the cold garnish I'd laid away in the fridge (sundried tomatoes, olives, feta, and a fresh picked lemon and batch of oregano).  This is lunch.  The container can then be repurposed to pilfer spent coffee grounds from the office industrial sized carafe to feed our hungry worms.

Crockpot is now crocking a tub of water to loosen up the remainder of the caked on couscous adventure.  Perhaps next time I'll try a safer recipe like soup.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home