Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Filo-doh!



Attempted mushroom strudel recipe as a potential pastry-type thing I could substitute for $7 breakfast omelettes or "liquid" breakfast at Starbucks.  This brings my Moosewood recipe count up to 55.  Unfortunately, my cursory glance at the ingredients list left some things lacking.

I didn't have any cottage cheese or cream cheese, so I substituted for Feta.
My filo dough had been "curing" in the freezer for quite a spell and was pretty intractable.
I didn't feel like wading out into the overrun part of the garden for chives to substitute for scallions.
I also wasn't too inclined to measure anything scrupulously or grease anything with olive oil.

At any rate, I have successfully used up all of the left over filo dough, bread crumbs, and feta cheese.  Result is a pretty flaky, decidedly lemony mushroom cheese pastry thing.  Will probably eat the remainder as a convenience breakfast, but am not convinced it is better than the sum of its parts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home