Sunday, November 17, 2013

Day 1: Fitbit Zip



In going through healthcare enrollment materials, it would seem that we will be getting a bonus fitness stipend into our HSA's if we log a certain number of steps and a certain number of calories of consumption over a certain interval.  Cool.

That seemed like exactly what the Fitbit and accompanying iphone app accomplish.  So I ordered a Zip, based on reviews that the sleep tracker/vibrating alarm/altitude/"shower proof" features in the upmarket models doubled the price for diminishing impact.

Setup was easy.  Ready to go in about 5 mins between installing the battery and downloading the app.  On day one (11/19), I burned 19000 calories doing hardly anything across 3K steps or 1.43 miles and a measly 6 active mins.  I ate something in the 17000 range (well, mostly drank/slurped).  The only sort of dodgy thing was they said I could press the bit to cycle through all of the stats it tracks.  I could wake it up, but couldn't always get it to display the field I was interested in.  No matter, all of this is on the iPhone app for reference.

On deck for today will be seeing what bike riding to work looks like to the fitbit because there is a breakfast burrito waiting for me in the break room freezer.  Hopefully it doesn't rain on me!  :)  or as fitbit would say :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home